The HAL Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) is an Indian multirole attack aircraft manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in India. Tejas light combat aircraft is the world’s lightest modern aircraft. Its flight ceiling is the highest among all attack helicopters. After 33 years of hard work, India’s first native light combat aircraft- TEJAS, presented to the IAF and to the whole nation. On January 4 2001, aircraft named TD-1 was launched. After almost 40 years of wait, this aircraft is going to take off with flying colours.
Why named Tejas?
The Prime Minister- Atal Vihari Vajpayee named aircraft – TEJAS. Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee called the newly inaugurated aircraft “Tejas.” The first Tejas flight took place on 4 January 2001, meaning ‘radiance’ in Sanskrit. Tejas would upgrade the outdated Mig-21 and MiG-23 fleets of the Indian Air Force. Aeronautical Development Corporation and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited design the aircraft in their own right.
Read for more: Aero India 2021 | Indian Air Force
- A multi-purpose light combat aircraft.
- In addition, it consists of a single seat and engine.
- Further, HAL develops this aircraft.
- On the other hand, the Aeronautical Development agency also helps in designing this aircraft.
IDEOLOGY OF TEJAS
On the contrary, the IAF felt the need to change the old MiG- 21 fighters. Therefore, due to a 40% shortfall in the IAF of such combat jets. It would end their service lives. This was predicted in early 1980.
PROCEDURE OF MAKING TEJAS
- Moreover, in 1984, the Government of India appointed the AERONAUTICAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY ALONG WITH HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED.
- The LCA designs the new aircraft. it approved in 1990.
- Furthermore, many advances feature like relaxed static stability.
- Additionally, a small tail delta-wing prototype has been added to it.
- Therefore with few testings and flights, the Tejas achieved its approval.
- It all set to attack in January 2011.
REASON BEHIND DELAYING TEJAS
There were several safety issues due to which it got in delay for more than 3 years. Moreover, the test resumed again in November 2012. And finally, after 33 years of wait, it received its approval.
Moreover, our Hon’ble Defence Minister MR. MANOHAR PARIKAR announced the news of Tejas. Therefore, he informs about the handover OF 2 Tejasaircraft into Indian Air Force. He also informed about the making process of the second line of manufacturing of Tejas and the introduction of 16 Aircraft that HAL is going to design. Well, Tejas is one of the elite aircraft in the Indian Air Force which can be trusted on high demands.
THIS GOLDEN MOMENT WILL WRITTEN IN HISTORY SPECIALLY FOR THE HARD WORK AND PATIENCE PUT BY HAL AND ADA.
Therefore, for any other blog/article related issues and to reach out to us,Vayu India Aviation
Mail us at
Vayu India Aviation